Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wow...

It has been one week since Wyatt was diagnosed with a Congenital Oblique Talus in his right foot and a Congenital Vertical Talus (CVT) in his left. I still haven't wrapped my mind around the whole situation. I am terrified over what the future holds for us. Part of me is saying I am being silly. What Wyatt has is correctable! This isn't a terminal illness or a deformity he will have to endure his entire life. I am just saddened that my poor little boy is going to have to go through painful physical therapy, serial casting, and maybe surgery for the next year or two. He will never crawl correctly and his first steps will probably be in casts. Wyatt will not know any different or remember this, but I will. I need a place to write down all I am feeling through this journey. If I don't get it out somehow, I feel I simply might explode. I searched all over for information on this deformity only to discover very little. All attempts to find a support group yielded nothing. Wyatt has a rare deformity and I suddenly feel very alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment