Saturday, March 17, 2012

6 months old!

I can't believe my baby boy is already half a year old! He is still a big boy weighing in at 19 pounds and 27.5 inches long. Poor boy had a rough day of doctors appointments. His 6 month checkup was at 11am and then we hat his PT at 1pm in the next town over. We didn't get a break. I left his first appointment and drove straight to his second. So, needless to say, Wyatt wasn't on his best behavior at PT. Holly broke out her secret weapon... the swing. It was a rectangular platform she hangs from the ceiling that both her and Wyatt sit on and swing while she does his manipulations. It was an instant hit! He loved to push his toys off and hear them fall. Holly said that she will actually have kiddos fall asleep on the swing while she is stretching them. I can understand why. The creaking noise it made as it swung back and forth was so calming that I was struggling to keep my eyes open. It ended up being another great session. She is always impressed how well Wyatt's feet are responding to the stretches and mentioned again how we might actually avoid surgery. Dare I get my hopes up?

With only one PT session left I am getting nervous again. Wednesday Wyatt has PT in the morning and we will be meeting again with Dr. Showalter in the afternoon. I wonder what our next step will be? I will be better prepared this time with a list of questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment